- Write a list of items or objects found in your house(first start with in your house, then extend it to your neighbourhood). Ex. Fan, washing machine, refrigerator, computer, telephone etc within your house. You can shoose a big tree, traffic signal lights, a shop with a name etc in your neighbourhood.
- Keep the list short to begin with.
- Draw a simple picture or the item or object (if you can get the picure, then you can use that too) next to each item on the list. It will help your child remember and start to match words with pictures and to recognise the symbols on going live.
- Let your child try to find the things on the list.
- Go for a walk or drive in your neighbourhood or else keep it avaliable when you are about in the neighbourhood.
- Encourage your child to tick off ones that they spot. They will get used to checklist.
- Gradually the child will be familiar to recognise the local area and will be able to predict what building you'll see next.