- Four empty glasses
- Blue , Black and Red ink
- Cold water
- Hot water
- Test tube or any thin transparent bottle.
How to do it
- Label the 4 glasses as hot water, cold water, hot salt water, cold salt water.
- Add few s of blue ink in one glass, few s of black ink in another and few s of red ink in the third. Leave one glass as it is.
- Add salt in two glasses where salt is mentioned on the label. Stir well so that the salt dissolves fully.
- Add cold and hot water as per the label on the glass.
- Take the test tube or thin bottle and slowly pour the cold salt water into the test tube till it fills to 1/4.
- Slowly pour same quantity of cold water into it.
- Slowly pour same quantity of the hot salt water into it.
- Slowly pour same quantity of hot water into it.
- Ask the child to observe what happens. It should form 4 different layers.
- As the density is variant, the 4 layers are formed. Also because of the colours, child could see the different layers.
|The density of the water varies when the salt is added and the density varies when there is different in temperatures.|
Add to My Article | Refer this Article | Print this Article