- Food colors.
- 5 transparent glasses or clear plastic cups
How to do it
- Line up five glasses and add 1 tablespoon about 15 g of sugar to the first glass, 2 tbs of sugar to the second glass, 3 tbs of sugar to the third glass, and 4 tbs of sugar to the fourth glass.
- Let the fifth glass remain empty.
- Add 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of water to each of the first 4 glasses. Stir each solution till the sugar dissolves fully.
- If the sugar does not dissolve in any of the four glasses, then add one more tablespoon of water to each of the four glasses.
- Add 2-3 s of red food coloring to the first glass, yellow food coloring to the second glass, green food coloring to the third glass, and blue food coloring to the fourth glass.
- Stir each solution to dissolve the color fully.
- Now you can make a rainbow colours along with your child using the different density solutions.
- Fill the last glass about one-fourth full of the blue sugar solution.
- Now, more carefully layer some green sugar solution above the blue liquid. Do this by placing a spoon in the glass, just above the blue layer, and pouring the green solution slowly over the back of the spoon.
- If this is done right,it will not disturb the blue solution. Add green solution until the glass is about half full.
- Now layer the yellow solution above the green liquid, using the back of the spoon. Fill the glass to three-quarters full.
- At last, layer the red solution above the yellow liquid. Fill the glass the rest of the way.
|The density of water increases as the amount of sugar is added.The lesser the sugar is added, the lesser the density. The less density liquid stands above the more denser liquid.|
Add to My Article | Refer this Article | Print this Article